Down here is the fires below we have long been searching for the best of the best brownie recipe. We have gone through many recipes and have yet to find one that thrashes that stupid box mix made by those stupid elves. Today we try a new recipe supplied to me by a like-minded demon. If there is an alteration you wish to make, make it. But know this, if we find you frosted these brownies you will burn forever in our eternal fires. Makes 16 brownies of enough to feed a couple of ghouls. They really like their brownies.
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 6 tbsp natural cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9in baking pan.
- Mix together boiling water and cocoa powder.
- Mix together sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl whisk eggs. Add butter, orange peel and vanilla.
- Add cocoa mixture to egg mixture. Add flour mixture, mix until just blended.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Bake 30min (oven times will varry) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan.
- Eat and enjoy
It turns out that once again those darn elves win. While this brownie is good, it is by no means the best. It didn’t turn out as fudgy as we were aiming for, nor was it super chocolate-y. Fresh baked, it only had a slight orange flavor. Do not fret, if you let the brownie sit overnight the orange flavor grows to overpowering, punch you in the face with orange flavor, heights. Please note we are being hyper-critical with our flavor analysis. We are looking for the best after all, we have to be picky. Overall it is an enjoyable brownies and it is little demon approved.